TradersOnly broker review
The well-known Dutch financial blogger Maarten Verheyen founded TradersOnly in 2010. The company specializes in option trading. Hence the name ‘TradersOnly’… continue reading
|Founded in the year||2010|
|Main office based in||Weert, The Netherlands|
|Contact possibilities||Email: email@example.com, phone, servicedesk, chat|
|Trading platform||TWS Trader Work Station|
|Minimum first deposit||€5000|
|Minimum amount traded||€1|
|Maximum amount traded||n.a.|
|Welcome bonus||$500 transaction fee cashback|
|Pay out information||Fast payout within 48 hours|
|Leverage||Varies per type of contract|
|Spread||Usually very tight spread on liquid products|
|Demo account||Click to open a Demo account|
|Regulated by||Regulated by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) and Autoriteit Financiele markten (AFM)|
|Methods of deposit||Bank transfer|
|Methods of withdrawal||Bank transfer|
|Number of tradable Assets||10000+|
|Types of tradable assets||Forex, Stocks, CFDs, Commodities, Indices, ETF, Futures, Bonds, Options|
|US traders allowed|
|Trading on smartphone|
|Trading on tablet|
The well-known Dutch financial blogger Maarten Verheyen founded TradersOnly in 2010. The company specializes in option trading. Hence the name ‘TradersOnly’. In 2014 Tradzster was acquired by TradersOnly and in 2016 the platform was expanded with the broker activities of Today’s Group. The extensive range of investments makes TradersOnly a platform with many possibilities.
TradersOnly felt that many brokers were missing a certain amount of diversity, so they decided to set up a Forex broker themselves. TradersOnly believes that investing should be exciting and fun, apart from the fact that it should be profitable of course. That is why TradersOnly provides its traders with a lot of opportunities. Continue reading for an extensive broker review about TradersOnly.
Which software is used
An absolute must for active traders is trading via a reliable and extremely fast platform. Tradersonly works with TWS (Trader Workstation), one of the most advanced platforms in the world. Technological designs, reliability and stability characterize the trading platform, allowing the traders to focus on what they do best; trading. The mobile platform of TWS is useful for setting alerts when a certain price value is reached. However, some people argue that the trading system could be a little more simple and understandable. Due to the extensive features available on the platform, it is less user friendly for beginning traders. The learning curve of the platform is greater than with other brokers, but a series of video instructions help you understand the trading software. The trading platform is most suited for the more experienced investor and is somewhat less suitable for beginning investors. Do not let this prevent you from opening an account with this broker however; if someone else can, you can too. Have a look at the videos and you can always contact TradersOnly’s customer service.
Investing with TradersOnly involves several privileges. The investment club focuses on active investors who adopt a permanent active investment attitude. The privileges at TradersOnly include:
- Maximum protection of your capital. TradersOnly operates as a registered investment firm with the AFM (Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets). They are supervised by both the AFM and the DNB (De Nederlandsche Bank). In addition, amounts can only be deposited into the account you have registered.
- Professional platform with uptime guarantee. TradersOnly uses the advanced trading platform TWS and Mobile TWS.
- Professional tools and software. TradersOnly provides you with tools that are used by professionals. For example, Option Trader, FX Trader, Graph Trader, Combo Trader and Basket Trader.
- Trading fees are among the lowest in the market, allowing you to take full advantage of investment profits. Investors only pay low transaction costs and no other fees. In addition, opening an account is completely free.
- Over 100 stock markets worldwide.
- Tips and trades from experts via Traders Academy.
Deposit and withdraw money
At TradersOnly you will receive a specific account number, at which you can deposit money to use for investing. If you have made a profit and would like to withdraw, this will also happen via a bank transfer. Please note that this can only be done once a month without extra fees. If you want to do this more often, you pay $8 per withdrawal. It is therefore recommended, if possible, to transfer your money only once a month to avoid these costs.
Safety and reliability
As already mentioned, TradersOnly is supervised by two different financial authorities: the Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) and De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB). As an additional security measure, you can only withdraw money to the bank account it was deposited from. This way your earnings can not just end up with someone else. Furthermore, your own money remains separate from broker’s balance and an amount of up to $500,000 is guaranteed.
The different products of TradersOnly
TradersOnly’s ambition is to offer a wide range of products. You can invest in stocks, CFDs, futures, gold and silver, options, turbos and Forex. Users can trade on 63 different stock exchanges in 19 different countries. TradersOnly distinguishes itself from the competition through its great diversity of trading instruments. You can trade various products in Europe, the United States and Asia. You can trade in 20 different currencies and the spreads are usually very low.
How about the customer service?
Do you want to gain more experience with investing? Then TradersOnly offers you the opportunity to learn more about investing in the TradersAcademy. By participating in various courses and webinars you will increase your knowledge of investing. In addition, trade suggestions are provided twice a week; these include tips and trades from TradersOnly experts. The broker also regularly organizes seminars, where you, together with other interested parties, learn about various aspects of investing. Of course, you also have the opportunity to ask question directly to the professionals. TradersAcademy will help you get started, even if you are not familiar with investing yet. To make full use of the TradersAcademy you must first create an account.
TradersOnly has two offices in the Netherlands, namely in Amsterdam and in Weert. The office in Weert can be reached by telephone from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. In addition, e-mails will be responded to until 10 p.m. The office in Amsterdam can be reached by telephone and by e-mail from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 10 pm. Only on Friday the customer service closes a little earlier, at 17:30.
There is also a live chat available from 08:00 to 22:00 on weekdays. The only exception here is Friday again, as customer service closes at 17:30. TradersOnly is also available via Whatsapp, so you can send and receive messages easily and quickly.
The customer service of the broker has been declared the best within the Benelux for 6 years in a row. The hours may not be comparable to those of the huge international brokers, but TradersOnly focuses mostly on investors from the Benelux.
TradersOnly is certainly not the largest broker, but it is a broker with a lot of diversity in the products it offers. Because the broker has been created by people who like to invest themselves, it has a very pleasant user experience. You should take into account, however, that working with the software can sometimes be complicated for new investors. Because it is a Dutch broker, it mostly targets Dutch users. That is why the only possibility to deposit and withdraw money is via a bank transfer.
How does TradersOnly work?
- The software used is from TWS (Trader Workstation), which is known as a very advanced platform for brokers and is especially recommended for the more experienced users. Because it supports such advanced features, it can be rather complicated for the novice user.
How to sign up with TradersOnly
- You can easily open an account via the TradersOnly website. The minimum deposit for an account is €5000, so this broker is not for the occasional investor. This reflects TradersOnly strategy, which focuses on active investors.
Spread at TradersOnly
- The spreads are always fixed. The exact amount is only visible when you have a trading account.
How safe is TradersOnly? / is TradersOnly reliable?
- TradersOnly is supervised by both the AFM and the DNB, which means that they are strictly monitored to ensure that everything is done according to regulation.
Pips at TadersOnly
- The number of the pips is not exactly given. But as with most other brokers, this will vary per product.
How does TradersOnly pay?
- The broker only pays out via a bank transfer. This is also the only way to deposit money. Withdrawing money can be done once a month for free. If you want to do this more often it costs $ 8 per transaction.
- Lowest transaction fees
- A wide range of tradeable products available
- Extensive educational possibilities with TradersAcademy
- $5000 transaction fee cashback
- Only available in Dutch language